Is baking soda effective in removing blackheads? Is it worth trying? Find out about it here.
There are several home remedies for reducing or removing blackheads, but one of the most surprising remedies is using baking soda. Is it possible?
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate is a leavening agent used for cooking and baking. But did you know that baking soda is more than just for baking?
Baking soda contains compounds that can safely neutralize, deodorizes, and cleanse several things. Also, it is safe to use in the human body. One of the most surprising uses of baking soda is to lessen or remove stubborn blackheads.
According to the experts, baking soda contains exfoliating properties that can help you remove the blackheads. Scrubbing the baking soda on the skin gently opens the pores and removes blackheads, dirt, impurities, and toxins out of the pores. Additionally, it contains anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that help keep the skin from acquiring acne breakouts.
How do you use baking soda in treating blackheads?
There are several recipes for making baking soda mixtures for blackheads; you can try some of them to see which recipe suits you well. Check this baking soda for blackheads piece to find various recipes for using baking soda as a treatment for blackheads.
For the simplest way how to use baking soda for blackheads; check the following steps:
- Using a small bowl, make a baking soda-water paste. To make a paste, use 1 tablespoon of baking soda and enough water to make a smooth paste.
- Before applying the paste to the skin, make sure to open the pores by washing your face with warm water.
- Then, spread just enough paste to the affected area and leave it for 5-10 minutes. Letting the mixture seep into the skin for an ample amount of time the skin helps loosen the dirt, impurities, toxins, and blackheads.
- After a few minutes, you may scrub the paste in slow and circular motions.
- Rinse off the paste with warm water to avoid skin irritation. And cold water to close the pores.
- Lastly, pat dry your face and apply moisturizers.
Few things to take note
Baking soda is safe to use as an exfoliant. However, you should avoid using this home remedy too often because it contains compounds that can dry up the skin. Also, over-cleansing the skin can strip off the skin’s natural barrier.
Technically, exfoliating the skin must be done every one or three times per week.
So, is it worth trying?
There are several ways to remove blackheads, but only a few are inexpensive to try. The baking soda and water mixture is one of the popular and inexpensive ways of removing stubborn blackheads.
Is it worth trying?
Yes, it is.
Using baking soda in removing blackheads is effective. However, the result does not happen overnight. You have to wait a few weeks or months to see positive results. Also, baking soda is safe to use. It does not contain harmful chemicals that can cause skin problems.