3D printing is now taking the world by storm – it is convenient in terms of mass production of specific objects and good points when keeping the cost of labor, machine, and materials low. Additionally, it requires less time when it comes to production and fewer errors throughout the manufacturing process.
If you are planning to invest a 3D printer for small 3D printing projects, there’s a mini 3D printer that is worth purchasing – Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer V2.
What is Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer V2?
Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer V2 is one of the best low-priced “ready to print out of the box” 3D printers today and is taking the world of 3D printing by storm.
- Build Area: 120 x 120 x 120 mm
- Resolution: 100 – 300 microns
- Filament Diameter: 1.75 mm
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm
- Hotend Setup: Bowden
- Print Speed: up to 55 mm per sec
- Maximum Extruder Temperature: 250 degrees Celsius
- Maximum Build Plate Temperature: 60 degrees Celsius
- Designed with a heated built plate
- Calibration: Manual leveling
- Designed with colored touch screen
- Designed with Micro USB
- Comes with micro SD card with few built-in patterns
- Wi-Fi ready
- Supported Slicing Software: Cura and Repetier-Host
Do you need more convincing why MP Select Mini 3D printer V2 is worth to invest, here’s why we liked it so much? The following are its best 2 features that you’ll enjoy:
#1: Fully-assembled and factory calibrated
The Monoprice Select Mini 3D printer V2 is conveniently fully-assembled and factory calibrated when you purchase it; this means, you no longer need to get worked-up in assembling the mini printer. All you need to do is perform a quick 3D printing practice to verify that the machine has been well-calibrated in the factory.
You have to check if the following are in good condition:
- Quick-release of steel gear filament feeder
- Nozzle cooling fan
- 7” IPS color screen
- All-metal nozzle
- Insulated heated build-plate must be in level
- The Wi-Fi, microSD, and the USB connectivity must be working
- The mainboard cooling fan
#2: It is open-sourced
The best thing about Monoprice Select Mini 3D printer V2 is its working area where it is designed with a heated build plate and its wide-range extruder temperature, making the printer compatible with any type of filament (including from different brands).
Other features to love:
- The insulated and heated built plate comes with a pre-installed build mat.
- The printer is compatible with Cura, Repetier, and several other types of software.
- Quality performing mini printer.
- Easy to use
What is included?
- 1 Monoprice Select Mini 3D printer
- 1 Filament holder
- 1 AC power adapter
- 1 AC power cord
- 1 Micro USB cable
- 1 MicroSD card
- 1 Plastic bed scraper
- 1 Bed leveling hex wrench
- 1 Sample PLA filament
Is Monoprice Select Mini 3D printer V2 worth it? For a small 3D printer, the MP 3D printer is packed with quality features that make the printer worthy of your money.