Testosterone is an androgen produced in the testicles in the male body. It affects the male appearance; muscle mass, bone density, bodily and facial hair, and most importantly sex drive in males. The reduction in the level of testosterone than normal can bring lots of problems to men of all age groups. It’s better to know about and read the symptoms as early as possible before the loss of it results in greater loss to you. There are medicines and supplements available in the market that claims to help fight low levels of testosterone, but you must resort to buying any of that after you read some good hormone boosters reviews.
Now let us talk about some important signs and symptoms of low testosterone;
- Low sex drive in men is directly attributed to a low level of testosterone unless there is no other sound psychological reason present with the patient concerned. People lose sex drive as they age, but the dip in libido is prominent in men suffering from low testosterone issues.
- Testosterone also helps in building and holding an erection. It stimulates receptors in the brain that produce nitric oxide which in turn triggers some chemicals that make the erection happen. With low levels of testosterone, it becomes difficult for males to have planned or spontaneous erection.
- Testosterone has also a role to play in the production of semen in the testicles and the low volume of semen is often noticed in persons with low testosterone levels.
- Balding is another symptom of a low level of testosterone in men. Many men start to lose hair in huge volume even in their teens or early twenties due to the low volume of testosterone. Although balding is a result of natural aging and genetic reasons, but people with low testosterone also lose bodily and facial hair quickly.
- Men with low testosterone levels signs of fatigue and low level of energy. A sense of tiredness and low level of energy is a perennial problem with people with low testosterone. They often hate to go for some outdoor activities, prevent themselves from a workout and other sports, etc.
- Low testosterone levels also contribute to the loss of muscle mass in your body. However, they have no role that is proven yet in affecting the strength and function of the muscles.
- Researchers have found that men with low testosterone may also experience an increase in body fat, enlarged breasts, etc. it is believed that these symptoms arise in line with the reduction in testosterone, thus causing the imbalance with estrogens, i.e. primarily the female hormone.
- Osteoporosis in aging men may be attributed to low testosterone levels as bone strength is dependent on the level of testosterone in the male body.
- Frequent mood changes and more importantly a gloomy mood all the time remains with the men with reduced testosterone levels. This at times may lead to depression and anxiety easily than in normal conditions.
It is better on our part to read the symptoms at the earliest so that we can resort to proper medical help before any damage is done.